Thursday, August 30, 2018

Day 4
Important to reflect and nail the learning!
So made some achievements in relation to things 1 & 2
Finally managed to get the Blog up and running and with George's encouragement should be linked to others in the network (had the wrong URL at first) It's just so important when learning something new to have others to help you persevere when the going gets tough. 10 years ago I had a website and blog and it all seemed straight forward but there are so many more considerations now - especially security and how to network appropriately. So I've learnt a bit about that too. I read one of the blogs on password protection on the 23 things website - sorry it was a couple of days ago, I think on thing5 - and really got me thinking about the whole password challenge. Also when I was setting up the Badge account the video clip had a really helpful tip. The temptation for someone like myself is often to use a familiar long name and then interchange numerals and symbols even although I know that is bad practice. So to be more smart I have chosen this time a random set of characters which is an improvement but of course I risk forgetting. That's why I liked the suggestion of a couple of short random words together. I'm going to try this next time.For now that accounts set up along with Blog.
I've already said a bit about the Open Badges as a learning model and I am pretty sure that this is very useful approach to Induction. I haven't tried other Badges personally but having read 23THINGS, it feels like really useful component of learning. Today I am thinking residential care where, "no time" is often the clarion call but with this the learning can be quite open in the house situation and a bit of a bonus if it also captures young people's imagination. Be interesting to hear other thoughts.
I know I need to make the Blog more interesting in layout but that's not something that is a challenge so I'll press on with another THING that makes me have to think. Right now I am a whole lot more comfortable with what 23 things is about - desensitized! 😌
Just read 3 - and tickled by the comment "I don't do technology' How many times I have heard that. Must read through this one - so can persuade people that this is necessary and in everyone's reach - and we all have foibles about learning.😕😕

No comments:

Post a Comment